Peach Bread Pudding
4 Tablespoon of unsalted butter
5 Cup of heavy cream
4 Large eggs
3 egg yolks
1 Cup peach preserves
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
12 slices of sourdough bread
2 Cup fresh diced peaches
½ Cup of brown sugar
1 Cup chopped pecans
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
2) In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cream, eggs, egg yolks, peach preserves and vanilla extract.
3) Set aside. In another large mixing bowl, tear the bread into bite sized pieces. Toss the bread with the peaches, brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Pour into the buttered baking dish. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread mixture. Stir gently to coat all of the bread. Cover with foil.
4) Place the baking dish into a larger pan and fill halfway up the sides of the baking dish with boiling water.
5) Place the pan on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until the center is set and the top is golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
Makes 8 servings
Lemon Bourbon Sauce
6 large egg yolks
½ Cup sugar
¼ Cup bourbon
¼ Cup lemon juice
2 Tablespoon lemon zest
1) Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until pale yellow.
2) Add the bourbon, lemon juice and lemon zest and beat well.
3) Transfer the mixture to the top of a double boiler and place it over cold water.
4) Cook, stirring constantly, over medium high heat until the water in the bottom pot reaches the boiling point and the mixture is thick and creamy.
5) Remove from the heat. Serve hot or cold. Whisk before serving. Makes 1 ¼ cup.