I love great Healthy Fat recipes his is one of my go to meals for when I’m meal prepping for the week it lasts for at least 7 Days great huh? Try it out and let me know.
Egg Muffins with Spinach
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup red pepper measured after chopping
1 cup green pepper measured after chopping
1 cup yellow onion measured after chopping
2 cups baby spinach - roughly chopped measured/packed before chopping
1 cupmushrooms measured before chopping
2 clovesgarlic minced
salt to taste
4 whole eggs
2 egg whites
hot sauce optional for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a standard non stick 12-slot muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
3. Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
4. Once hot, add in oil, red pepper, green pepper, and onion.
5. Saute 5-7 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
6. Add in spinach and mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
7. In the last 30 seconds, add in minced garlic.
8. Season with salt and remove from heat.
9. Crack eggs/egg whites into a large 4 cup measuring cup and whisk together.
10. Stir in cooked veggies.
11. Pour the egg/veggie mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
12. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
13. Cool slightly and serve immediately!
14. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days.
15. These may also be frozen.
16. To reheat, pop them in the microwave until warm.